Traveller Refund Policy
This Travel Refund Policy Terms governs the manner in which DLOOP EMPEIRIA Private Limited (“DLOOP”) make available to Travellers who book and pay for services provided by owners/operators of Homestay Accommodation and Experience/Activities Suppliers through www.tetamoo.com (the “Site”) and suffer Accommodation and Travel Concern and the obligations of the Suppliers associated with the Traveller Refund Policy. Some Suppliers (“Hosts”) offer overnight accommodation and other Suppliers (“Local Hosts”) lead experiences on the ground, other related activities and assist with travel planning.
TRAVELLER REFUND POLICY FOR EXPERIENCE
Refunds and cancellation for your experience are applicable to the following terms:
Travel Concern for Experience
A “Travel Concern” occurs when the following occurs:
- The Local Host fails to meet his/her obligation in fulfilling the Experience after payment is made. This includes but not limited to cancelling a booking within 24 hours before the scheduled start of the reservation, failing to arrive for the Experience within 30 minutes of the scheduled time and by being unable to ensure that the Traveller is able to access the Experience e.g. by allowing the Traveller access to the area or locality in which the Experience will occur.
- There is gross inaccuracy in the description of the Experience on the Site. Inaccuracy includes but not limited to the content of the Experience, the locality of the Experience, the date and/or duration of the Experience and the availability or access to related activities.
- The conditions of the Experience do not meet safety requirements, hazardous to health and pose reasonable danger and risk not pertaining to the Experience’s condition.
TRAVEL CONCERN CLAIM
DLOOP will only accept a Travel Concern claim from the Travellers. Travellers must meet the following conditions in order to make any claim for a Travel Concern:
- Traveller is required to make a report on the Travel Concern to DLOOP in writing at email@example.com or via telephone with the following information together with any proof or evidence to support the claim of Travel Concern with 24 hours after the commencement of your Experience. You must also submit to us any additional information and give your fullest cooperation on the Travel Concern claim;
- Traveller must not directly or indirectly be the cause of the Travel Concern through any action, omission or negligence on your part; and
- Reasonable effort has been made to remedy or solve the circumstances of the Travel Concern with the Local Host prior to submitting your claim (together with proof).
GUIDELINES FOR LOCAL HOSTS
Local Hosts are solely responsible to ensure that the Experience you offer on the Site meet the minimum quality standards regarding adequacy of the description on the Site, safety, health, and do not directly or indirectly present a Traveller with Travel Concern. Local Hosts are required, in good faith, to try and resolve and cooperate with the Travellers on any Travel Concern that may occur.
In the event that DLOOP determines you, as the Local Host, has caused a Traveller to suffer a Travel Concern related to the Experience you listed on the Site, and DLOOP agreed to reimburses that Traveler any amount up to the amount paid by the Traveler through the Site for the Experience or provides an alternative Experience to the Traveler, you consent to the following:
- Reimburse DLOOP up to the amount paid by DLOOP within 30 days of the request submitted by us; and
- Agree to allow DLOOP to off-set or reduce the amounts owed by DLOOP (in the form of accumulated payment owed to you (minus DLOOP commission) for reservation of other Experiences) to you the refund DLOOP made to the Traveller
In the event the Traveller agree to a reschedule or alternative Experience, you may lose part or all of the Experience Fee payment for the booking and you may be responsible for reasonable additional costs incurred to reschedule the Traveler to the alternative Experience.
DLOOP also has the discretion to undertake additional actions in the event of a Travel Concern claim by Travellers. This includes but not limited to suspending or removing the listing of the Experience, imposing penalties or fees for the administrative burden associated with the Travel Concern, and notification of Travel Concern on your Experience listing.
The rights of the Travellers under the Traveller Refund Policy supersede the cancellation policy that otherwise applies to a particular Experience. You agree that all decisions made by DLOOP with respect to the Travel Concern shall be final and binding on the Travellers and Local Hosts regardless of your submission of a dispute against such Travel Concern.
Any dispute by Local Hosts on the Travel Concern submitted by Travellers must be directed to us in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via telephone. You must submit all the relevant information and proof or evidence to DLOOP to counter the dispute raised by the Travel Concern claim. You must in good faith have reasonably made efforts to resolve the Travel Concern with the Travellers prior to any submission of Travel Concern claim by the Travellers.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION FOR EXPERIENCE
Prior to confirmation and payment for any travel experience provided by DLOOP Local Hosts, travellers are free to reject or make changes. After payment is made, any fees paid are non-refundable.
Exception is as follows:
Cancellation by Suppliers
In the event of cancellation by Suppliers, DLOOP shall endeavor to find an alternative Local Hosts that can fulfill similar request. If the arrangement is not accepted by the Travellers or a similar request cannot be fulfilled, DLOOP will refund the Total Fees for the bookings to the Travellers within a reasonable period of time after the cancellation notice.
Cancellation by Travellers
In the event of a cancellation by travellers within the period of time allowed for such cancellation, DLOOP will endeavor to refund the fees paid to the Local Hosts for items that have not yet been booked, minus the Service Fee. Fees for items that have already been booked are non-refundable.
Other Types of Cancellation
Certain external factors that are out of the control of either party’s involved in a Transaction may require the cancellation of Services provided by the Local Hosts such as death, accidents, weather, natural disasters (“External Factors”). Under these circumstances, the Local Hosts are given the discretion to decide on whether the External Factors will allow the experience to go on.
Local Hosts are required to contact DLOOP at the earliest time possible if they need to cancel the Experience via email at email@example.com. The Local Host and the Traveller involved in the transaction may choose to reschedule the Experience for another date if the Traveller consents to the alternative arrangement. If the rescheduling is not possible for after reasonable efforts are made, the Traveller may submit a request to DLOOP to make another arrangement. In the event the alternative Experience is of a higher price than the former, you may be responsible for any difference in price. In the event the alternative Experience is of a lower price, you may be entitled to a partial refund for the difference.
Travellers may be refunded the Total Fees for such booking if DLOOP is unable to find you a replacement Experience within a reasonable time of the cancellation.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION FOR HOMESTAY BOOKING
The following definition applies to the terms of the Travel Refund Policy:
- A cancellation is defined as a situation in which the Traveller decides not to use the accommodations listed on the Site
- A change is defined as a situation in which the Traveller decides to amend the condition of his/her accommodation booking such as to switch to another accommodation listed on the Site or make changes to the duration of their stay at the accommodation
All notices of cancellations and requests for changes to accommodations should be submitted in writing. All refunds and charges are calculated from the date that notification was received.
DLOOP provides the following 7 day and 14 day cancellation options and each Host and Traveller accepts these options as a condition of accepting or making any accommodation booking.
Should a Traveller cancel an accommodation booking on the Site, DLOOP will charge the applicable Cancellation Fee for the booking, and refund the balance of the payment to the Traveller as follows:-
- A 100% refund of payment received will be made within 30 days of written notification if cancelled more than 14 days before commencement of booking.
- A 50% refund of payment received will be made within 30 days of written notification if cancelled more than 7, and less than 14, days before commencement of booking.
- No refund will be made if cancelled less than 7 days before commencement of booking or a failure to show up at the accommodation on scheduled arrival date (No Show).
- No refund will be made for failure to show up at the accommodation on scheduled arrival date (No Show).
- No refund will be made for cancellation request received after arrival date.
Travellers may make changes to their accommodation reservation at no charge provided that the request is made before 15 days before their check-in date. Any request for changes received within 3 – 13 days prior to their check-in will incur an amendment fee of RM20 per change request.
In special cases we will endeavor to assist the Traveller to negotiate more favourable cancelation terms with the Host. However, we have no obligation to effect such terms. Where a Host accepts more favourable cancelation terms, we may, at our discretion, refund any Fee received by us in respect of such booking in similarly favourable terms.
If a Traveller is not satisfied with Services provided by a Host, the Traveller must notify us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Services, formally detailing the reasons for the dissatisfaction and setting out their requested redress (e.g. refund, free nights etc.). The Host acknowledges that we may post this information as feedback in respect of the Host at our discretion.
All claims will be considered in good faith and if we consider that it has merit, we will discuss it with the Host and endeavor to negotiate a resolution. However, we have no obligation to affect any resolution. If we or the Host agree to any refund, the Host agrees to pay to us such amount in accordance with its agreement and we will pay such refund to the Traveller upon receiving any component payable by the Host.
Each Traveller acknowledges that we are obliged under these Terms to remit to a Host, at the end of the Withholding Period, any fees collected by us in respect of Services provided by that Host (other than our Fee and credit card charges). Accordingly any complaint or request for refund must be submitted before the end of the Withholding Period.
Users of the Site and Services acknowledge that this Traveller Refund Policy is not intended to constitute an offer to insure, does not constitute insurance or an insurance contract, does not take the place of insurance obtained or obtainable by the Traveller, and the Traveller has not paid any premium in respect of the Traveller Refund Policy. The benefits provided under this Traveller Refund Policy are not assignable or transferable by you.
DLOOP reserves the right to modify or terminate this Traveller Refund Policy, at any time, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice. A notice will be posted on the Site in the event of any modification of the Travel Refund Policy. DLOOP will process all claims for Travel Concern submitted prior to the effective date of the modification.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND DEFINITIONS
This Traveller Refund Policy constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between DLOOP and its Users regarding the Traveller Refund Policy and supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between DLOOP and its Users regarding the Traveller Refund Policy. This Traveller Refund Policy will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event will DLOOP’s aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with this DLOOP policy terms, exceed the amount of the accommodation and experience fees collected by DLOOP from the Travellers. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. You acknowledge and agree that, by posting a listing or booking an experience or otherwise using the Site, Services as a Host, Local Host or Traveller, you are indicating that you have read, and that you understand and agree to be bound by these policy terms.
Please contact DLOOP at email@example.com if you have any questions.